During winter, we can’t help but crave some delicious warm food. You know that feeling right? Well, have you ever had a hard time deciding what to make for breakfast during those cold months while still trying to keep things healthy? Trust me I find myself in that situation sometimes too!
It’s great to start the mornings with some fresh fruit but when I’m freezing and I decide to cave in and eat a warm breakfast, this grilled banana and pear salad is the perfect choice! I know grilling bananas and adding them to desserts are so tasty, so why not have them for breakfast? I decided to toss in some pears since those have an amazingly sweet flavor when they are cooked, then I topped the grilled fruits with some fresh ones. Can you say best of both worlds? Breakfast doesn’t always have to be a big heavy meal! For my Vegan friends you can substitute the honey for agave or maple syrup 🙂
The recipe is for a single serving but if you wish to make this for more people it’s really easy to double, I am sure it would also make a delightful dessert. I encourage you to try it out! Also, if you are looking for some other delicious warming breakfast recipes check out these healthy pancakes or even these delicious oatmeal muffins 🙂
Grilled Banana and Pear Breakfast Salad
- 2 medium Bananas cut into slices
- 1 Pear cut into medium slices
- 4-5 Strawberries cut into slivers
- 1-2 T. Raw Honey
- 1 T. chopped fresh Mint
- 1 t. ground Cinnamon
- Heat pan or skillet to medium heat and place Bananas and Pears in the pan
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon and grill until Bananas and Pears are lightly brown on both sides
- Remove from heat and mix in Strawberries and Mint
- Drizzle Raw Honey on top and Enjoy!
- Vegan substitution: instead of Honey use Agave or Maple Syrup