Some may not believe me when I say I can down a whole bag of chips in one sitting but its true…especially corn chips. The crunchiness and saltiness just go sooo well together. Am I right or am I right? I hardly ever crave sweets. It is true. I know I know its like seriously a sin but I just don’t. I would much rather grab a bag of chips and dip then chew till my jaw hurts. Anyways all jokes aside this guacamole recipe is serious business. My best friend from college is part Hispanic and she taught me the basic outline for this recipe so you can pretty much say this is authentic;)
First things first you need to make a good pico de gallo
- 4 roma tomatoes ( chopped- the key is making sure you slice in half and scoop out the seeds first then chop- this makes the pico less watery)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 purple onion (chopped)
- 1 serrano (chopped – de-seed for less heat)
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 T cumin
- 1/2 lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp honey
- Chop all ingredients and toss in together. You will need to taste and add more or less of spices depending upon preference.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Then cut up avocados and in a separate bowl mash them up. I like my guacamole a little chunkier so I don’t mash it down a ton.
- Then spoon in as much pico as you like. I also add more lemon juice at this point as well as more seasonings and taste as I go. Mix and enjoy!
**(ps=corn is one of the most gmo crops out there so please try and find an organic non gmo brand of corn chips so we don’t all change into mutated aliens and die but seriously do it.)