Farmers Markets are high on the list of the best places to get the freshest food and for a great price! You may wonder what the difference is between shopping at a farmers market and just getting
produce at your local store well here are a few things:
1. Helps you find seasonal produce- Produce in season is so much fresher and higher in nutrients
2. In most cases the food your buying at a farmers market is picked and within 24 hours delivered to the market. (Nutritional value everyone 🙂
3. Even most organic produce at stores is owned by big companies, by shopping at farmers markets you support local farmers and its really a “quality vs. quantity” situation
4. Food found at a farmers market is usually picked when its ready yet most of the food found at your grocery store is picked before its ripe since it takes time to get it to the store. The ripe fruits and vegetables are also higher in nutrients.
5. You can find items that you may not be able to find in store such as truly raw organic almonds and other goodies. Raw almonds, yes even organic that you find in stores are required by law to be pasteurized before they hit store shelves. At a farmers market you can find almonds and other foods that don’t undergo unethical “regulations”.
Here is a list of the farmers markets in Las Vegas. In the future we plan to help direct people in finding farmers markets in their area all over the country. But for now we will start with this. We will also post reviews and updates on each farmers market as we visit them. Stay tuned for more info! 🙂
Please make sure to double check the locations and sites prior to going to any of the farmers markets. This is just for reference and it may not be updated often enough to reflect changes made by the markets. Also visit the websites for more information and details on the vendors.
*Print outs at the bottom*
Las Vegas Farmers Market
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables, Fresh Local breads, cakes, and pastries. Fresh cut flowers, bedding plants, local artists and hand crafted items.
*Tuesday’s from 2:00pm – 6:00 pm at Gardens Park*
10401 Gardens Park Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89135
*Wednesday’s from 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm at Bruce Trent Park*
1600 N. Rampart Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89102
*FIRST AND THIRD SATURDAY of each month 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Floyd Lamb Park at Tule Springs*
9100 Tule Springs Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89131
Fresh 52 Farmers Market
Organic and Pesticide free seasonal produce, freshly baked goods, gourmet olive oils, spices, salsas, nuts, hand made crafts and more.
*Fridays from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm at Town Square Whole Foods*
6689 Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89119
*Saturdays from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm at Tivoli Village*
3o2 S. Rampart
Las Vegas, NV 89145
*Sundays from 8:30 am – 1:00 pm Sansone Park Place*
9480 S. Eastern
Las Vegas, NV 89123
Downtown 3rd Farmers Market
Organic Produce and free family activities.
*Fridays from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Exit US-95 and Casino Center Drive
Northeast corner of North Casino Center Blvd. and E. Stewart Ave. in the copper-colored Downtown Transportation Building that has a clock tower. The driving entrance is on E. Stewart Ave. Free parking available
Country Fresh Farmers Market
Farm Fresh Produce from local and California farms. Organic Produce, nuts, eggs, breads, coffee, tea, salsa, and more.
*Thursdays from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm *
240 Water Street
Henderson, NV 89015
*Fridays from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm*
200 S. Green Valley Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89012
Bet on the Farm Farmers Market
Not currently open (I will update when I find out more information) (Usually at Springs Preserve)