Kale chips can make a great healthy snack, side dish or appetizer but they don’t have to be boring! A simple change can add so much flavor and go a long way. Healthy snacks are great for easing cravings, or hunger throughout the day. Yet, do you ever feel like you run out of healthy snack ideas because you are sick of the same old thing? I do, which is why I like to experiment with simple yet tasty changes to basic recipes and ideas. I love the adding balsamic glaze to roasted veggies but I ended up with this recipe on accident when I ran out of balsamic vinegar and found a bottle of sherry vinegar in my pantry. I decided to go with it and see how it turned out. To my liking it was delicious and I ended up adding it to some roasted kale chips. Just the thought is making my mouth water.
Kale has its own unique flavor and the slightly sweet taste of the sherry glaze mixed with the crunchy salty kale chips is nothing less than amazing.
For more healthy snack ideas check out this post
Scissors make cutting greens a breeze
Add in olive oil and mix
Spread Kale out evenly on baking sheets and sprinkle with salt and pepper then bake for 10-15 min 400 degrees f.
Bring Vinegar to a boil then reduce to simmer for 30-45 min until consistency is slightly syrupy
Drizzle glaze over kale or serve it as a dip for the chips
- -Kale Chips-
- 1 Large bundle of Kale (10-20 individual leaves) cut into smaller pieces
- Olive Oil
- -Sherry Vinegar Glaze-
- 1 Cup Sherry Vinegar
- Kale Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Drizzle olive oil over kale in a bowl and mix together
- In a lined baking sheet, spread the kale out evenly then sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until kale is a vibrant green in color yet crispy
- Sherry Vinegar Glaze
- In a small saucepan bring Sherry Vinegar to a boil
- Reduce to simmer and allow to cook for 30-45 minutes (stir frequently)
- Vinegar should be of a syrup consistency when finished
- Serve Glaze with Kale chips (drizzled on top or served on the side for dipping)