Wondering What to serve at your Halloween Party? With Halloween right around the corner and Halloween parties already going on, there are many tasty treats and recipes going around. Unfortunately most of them are pretty unhealthy! I will admit that I indulge around the holiday season but I think if we at least try to be healthy and eat healthy for the most part it will go along way. For those of you who know me, you know how much my family and I LOVE Halloween! We even have a traditional family party that we do every year (except for this year) trust me I am extremely sad we aren’t having one. It is truthfully something we all look forward to throughout the whole year! Everyone who shows up including ourselves tend to put together some pretty unique and detailed costumes. This year is a bit low key for us and we will be recycling/reusing an old costume but next year we will be back at the costume making again!
Hope you enjoy these 3 recipes and I encourage you to make them at your party if your having one, if not you can bring them to someone else’s party or even make them on Halloween to ease the guilt of any other treats you may consume at home 🙂 Enjoy!
Ghoulish Green Guacamole
This Ghoulish looking guacamole is to die for! I have a traditional guacamole recipe that I make which is where my original recipe came from. To add some creepy effects I added some black pitted olives, used black lava salt instead of the Himalayan pink salt, and I even added some powdered Spirulina for added health benefits and to achieve a creepy looking green!
- 6-8 Ripe Avocados
- 1/2-1 Red Onion Chopped
- 1 Large Tomato diced
- Large handful of Cilantro chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 juice lemon
- 1/2 juice lime (garnish with other half)
- 1 cup black pitted olives (kalamata may be too strong)
- 2 teaspoons powdered spirulina
- 1-2 teaspoons cumin
- salt (I used black lava salt)
- pepper (both to taste)
- chop up and prepare the onion, tomato, garlic, cilantro and olives. mix together in a medium bowl
- add in the lemon and lime juice
- scoop out the avocados in the bowl and using a knife cut up/ mix the avocado and juices with the other ingredients
- add spirulina, cumin, salt and pepper and mix a final time
EEK! Baked Sweet Potato Fries! YUM!
This is a recipe I posted earlier this year but if you make it with sweet potato fries they turn out nice and orange perfect for celebrating Halloween! Want to know what else is great? The sweet potato fries are much healthier than regular potatoes! Win Win!
Bewitching Carrot and Cabbage Salad
When I was thinking of what recipes would be great to share for Halloween, this one immediately popped in my head because of the awesome colors? What do you think? The colorful salad is made with red cabbage, carrots, parsley, and olives and it is divine!
- 1/2 Red Cabbage chopped
- 5-6 Carrots Grated
- Handful of Parsley Chopped
- 1/2 cup of Kalamata Olives pitted and halved
- Olive Oil
- White Wine Vinegar
- Himalayan Pink Salt to taste
- After chopping up the cabbage place it in a bowl and sprinkle some salt over the cabbage while squishing it with your hands for about a minute. This helps soften up the cabbage as well as releasing it's flavors
- Add in the carrots, parsley and olives mix together
- Add Olive Oil, white wine vinegar, and more salt (if needed) to desired taste
- Mix together and serve