Hot Chocolate is practically a requirement for cold weather and camping! Generally hot chocolate mixes are loaded with sugar, and who knows what other crap. This delicious Hazelnut Hot Chocolate contains healthy ingredients and you can indulge without worrying about the bad stuff and it’s not so high in calories. I’m seriously in love with this recipe and would probably make it on a daily basis if I could. (Everything in moderation of course even healthier hot chocolate like this one 🙂
I made some homemade hazelnut milk for this recipe but you can use almond or any other nut milk as well. I heated up the milk and raw cacao just enough to warm it up but not destroy nutrients, then I blended all of the ingredients in a blender. (If your blender has a warming feature, you can just toss everything in your blender and blend it up) I also sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon on top. Another great option is to serve with Coconut Whipped Cream.
If you do wish to take this with you throughout the day, just blend it before hand and store in a thermos, or if your camping, you can rewarm it up by the campfire.
How to make Homemade Hazelnut Milk
1. Soak 1 cup Raw Hazelnuts in water overnight
2. Drain and Rinse
3. Add 3 cups of filtered water and hazelnuts to your blender and blend *add dates to sweeten**optional.
4. Over a bowl, pour mixture into a Nut Milk Bag or cheese cloth and strain.
5. Use Blended hazelnuts to make hazelnut flour and use nut milk for some delicious hot chocolate 😉
Here is a good guide on How to Make Almond Milk (hazelnut milk is practically the same recipe but you replace the almonds with hazelnuts)
Homemade Hazelnut milk, raw honey, hazelnut extract, raw cacao and cinnamon 🙂
Lightly warm up hazelnut milk with raw cacao stirred in. You don’t want to heat it too much so you don’t destroy nutrients
Blend in your blender (you can even skip the first step if your blender has a heating option)
- -2 Cups Homemade Hazelnut Milk (Almond can be used as well)
- -2 T. Raw Cacao Powder
- -1-2 T. Raw Honey
- -2 t. Hazelnut Extract
- -1 t. Ground Cinnamon
- Warm up Nut Milk and Cacao Powder stovetop (do not boil this will destroy nutrients)
- Add in all of your ingredients in a blender and blend (you can skip step 1 if your blender has a warming feature)
Hope you enjoy! It might be hard to share this delicious hot chocolate but be nice! 😉 Make sure to subscribe below for more delicious and healthy recipes!