This is a serious mouth watering recipe! I just ate this recently and my mouth is watering just thinking about it! Salmon is a great source of protein and is perfect for a clean and healthy meal. Though I must say that when buying Salmon, you absolutely should NEVER buy farmed salmon or other farmed fish for that matter. Most if not all farmed salmon yes and other fish too, are fed with junk and are way less nutritious than wild caught. If you pay close attention to farmed salmon you find at the store it often times says that color was added to give it the natural “salmon color”. That’s pretty darn gross, and I feel like its something to really keep in mind. I can even say that by experience wild caught always tastes better too. I may sound paranoid when saying this but I am somewhat trying to avoid purchasing seafood from the pacific at the moment due to radiation which is said to be really high at the moment from Fukushima. (I recommend you do some research as well) It’s frustrating sometimes since buying wild caught Atlantic salmon or other Atlantic seafood wont be anywhere near as fresh and most likely frozen (since I live on the west coast) but I am trying my best and that’s what matters.
Aside from the worrisome information, I still enjoy seafood regularly. Salmon is a favorite in our house and I absolutely love Pan Fryed/Seared Salmon because it gives the fish a nice crispy texture on the outside. Yum Yum! It’s fairly easy to make and can be used for left overs as well. I served it with sautéed Brussels sprouts and a raw zucchini and arugula salad with a lemon dressing. I used coconut oil in this recipe but grape-seed oils is another good alternative. The coconut oil solidified because it was cold which made things a bit more complicated but still turned out great.
- - Salmon Fillets wild caught with skin
- - Juice of 1 lemon
- - 1/2 Yellow Onion
- - 2 Cloves Garlic
- - Handful of Fresh Dill
- - Himalayan Pink Salt
- - Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- - 1/2 cup coconut oil or grape-seed oil
- 1. In a blender or food processor blend ingredients until smooth
- 2. Pour 1/4 of the marinate in a bowl or pan big enough to fit the Salmon Fillets, Place fillets skin down and pour the rest of the mixture on top of the fish. Let sit for about 30 minutes and preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 3. In a pan or skillet, heat up a small amount of coconut or grape seed oil to medium high heat. Place salmon fillets skin down in the pan and sear for about 5-8 minutes. Make sure to regularly move the salmon around to avoid the fillets from sticking to the pan.
- 4. Flip the fillets over and sear for 2 minutes on the front.
- 5. Flip over again (skin side down) and place your oven safe pan/skillet in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Make sure salmon cooks thoroughly but doesn't dry out
- 6. Remove from oven and serve with fresh squeezed lemon juice and greens.
- *Make sure your pan/skillet is oven safe*